A unique twist on nachos using deep-fried home made gluten-free won ton wrappers instead of corn chips.
Once you have made our gluten free won ton recipe (link below), cut them into strips about 1×3″, brushing off any excess flour from the wrappers. Fill a wok or heavy pot with at least 2 inches of oil (like corn, peanut or canola) and bring to 350°F. Gently place a few wrappers at a time into the hot oil – don’t overcrowd the pan, do this step in a few batches. Use tongs or chopsticks to flip the strips once they start to turn golden, about 15-30 seconds.
Finley chop all the vegetables. You can use a cooked chicken breast finely diced, or use ground chicken. Cook the chicken until no longer pink. Once everything is prepared, place won ton wrappers on a baking sheet and top with chicken, veggies and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted then drizzle with the sweet Thai chili sauce.
|Asian Nachos|| || |
- Ground chicken, or cooked chicken breast finely diced
- Red pepper, finely diced
- Cucumber, finely diced
- Cheddar, grated
- Green onion, minced
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- Fill a wok or heavy bottom sauce pan with at least 2" of oil (corn, canola, peanut - or any other oil with a high smoke point), and heat to 350°F.
- Once you have made the won ton wrappers, cut them into 1x3" strips (dust off any excess flour) and place a few at a time into the hot oil. Use tongs or chopsticks to flip wrappers once they start to turn golden. Place on a wire rack to drain, repeat with remaining wrappers. For different textures, loosely fold or twist the wrappers as you place them into the hot oil.
- Fry chicken until no longer pink. Finely chop veggies.
- To serve, place fried wrappers on a baking sheet, top with chicken, veggies and green onions. Sprinkle with grated cheese and broil until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and drizzle with sweet Thai chili sauce.