A unique twist on nachos using deep-fried home made gluten-free won ton wrappers instead of corn chips.
Once you have made our gluten free won ton recipe (link below), cut them into strips about 1x3", brushing off any excess flour from the wrappers. Fill a wok or heavy pot with at least 2 inches of oil (like corn, peanut or canola) and bring to 350°F. Gently place a few wrappers at a time into the hot oil - don't overcrowd the pan, do this step in a few batches. Use tongs or chopsticks to flip the strips once they start to turn golden, about 15-30 seconds.
Finley chop all the vegetables. You can use a cooked chicken breast finely diced, or use ground chicken. Cook the chicken until no longer pink. Once everything is prepared, place won ton wrappers on a baking sheet and top with chicken, veggies and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted then drizzle with the sweet Thai chili sauce.
- Ground chicken, or cooked chicken breast finely diced
- Red pepper, finely diced
- Cucumber, finely diced
- Cheddar, grated
- Green onion, minced
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- Fill a wok or heavy bottom sauce pan with at least 2" of oil (corn, canola, peanut - or any other oil with a high smoke point), and heat to 350°F.
- Once you have made the won ton wrappers, cut them into 1x3" strips (dust off any excess flour) and place a few at a time into the hot oil. Use tongs or chopsticks to flip wrappers once they start to turn golden. Place on a wire rack to drain, repeat with remaining wrappers. For different textures, loosely fold or twist the wrappers as you place them into the hot oil.
- Fry chicken until no longer pink. Finely chop veggies.
- To serve, place fried wrappers on a baking sheet, top with chicken, veggies and green onions. Sprinkle with grated cheese and broil until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and drizzle with sweet Thai chili sauce.