White chocolate and whipped cream create a wonderful no-bake cheesecake, filled with fresh strawberries.
|Strawberry Cream Cheesecake|| || |
- 1 cup GF vanilla wafer cookie* crumbs
- ½ cups almonds, finely chopped and toasted
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 30 (approx.) fresh whole strawberries, wash, dried and hulled
- 4 oz GF cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier (or frozen orange juice concentrate)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz GF white chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- For crust, mix all ingredients together and press into buttered 9” springform pan.
- Slice some of the strawberries in half vertically, and arrange flat side out around pan. Place rest of whole berries, pointy side up, to cover the remaining crust base.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in liqueur and vanilla. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Whip cream, then stir ⅓ into cream cheese mixture. Fold in the remaining whipped cream, gently stirring until combined.
- Spoon half of the mixture over the strawberries, then tap pan on counter to remove any air pockets and ensure mixture settles down into and around the strawberries. Spoon in the remaining mixture, and smooth top. Tap pan again to settle mixture.
- Chill for 3 hours. Dust with cocoa powder if desired.
[hr]FAQ: Is Grande Marnier gluten free?[hr]