Starbucks created this festive drink in 2003 and started a phenomenon that has continued every autumn since. You can find ‘PSL’, as it’s become known as, in almost every coffee shop once September rolls around. But instead of leaving your house for this iconic hot beverage, make your own with all natural ingredients!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch cloves
- Pinch allspice
- 2 cups milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong-brewed coffee
- In a small saucepan whisk together sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and spices.
- Whisk in milk and espresso, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Taste and adjust spices if necessary.
- Top with whipped cream or frothy milk, and a drizzle of caramel sauce if desired.