Used as a marinade over chicken, as a dip for spring rolls or chicken strips, this sweet and spicy sauce tastes just like what you buy in the bottle – but with no added preservatives or chemicals, you know exactly what you’re eating.
Make sure you use cold water to mix with the cornstarch – you’ll end up with lumps if you use warm/hot water. Once its reduced, add the cornstarch and water mixture – stirring as you pour it in. It should thicken within a few seconds, and then its ready to use!
|Sweet Thai Chili Sauce|| || |
- ½ cup GF rice vinegar (or white)
- ½ cup sugar, or more to taste
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tbsp GF fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp cooking sherry
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp GF ketchup
- 1 Tbsp pickled red jalapeno peppers, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp cold water
- Combine all ingredients into a saucepan (except cornstarch mixture), and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and let gently boil for 10 minutes, until reduced by half.
- In a small dish mix together the cornstarch and water, then pour into the saucepan. Stirring until mixture thickens.
- Taste the sauce and add more sugar, vinegar, or pepper flakes, as needed to get the taste you desire.
Store in fridge for about 2 weeks
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club