Fresh apples and raisins with a pecan crumble topping.
Apple Raisin Tart
- 1 pre-made GF pie crust
- 6 Granny Smith apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp rice flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine chilled and cubed
- Press pie crust into a tart pan, or in a 9 or 10-inch spring form pan. Chill 10 minutes, then bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Combine and mix all the filling ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix and combine the topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Spoon filling mixture (and its liquids) into tart shell, then sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Set pan on baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 40-50 minutes or until top is lightly browned and apples are soft.