Soda pop adds sweetness, moisture and a lightness to the cake from the carbon dioxide.
|7-Up Cake|| |
- 1 cup rice flour
- ⅓ cup potato starch
- ¾ tsp guar or xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, Crisco or margarine
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup + 1Tbsp citrus flavored carbonated drink (Sierra Mist or 7-Up)
- Mix dry ingredients together in bowl. In separate bowl beat margarine with sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture into wet mixture along with pop, until all combined.
- Pour into 9" square pan and bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes.