Soda pop adds sweetness, moisture and a lightness to the cake from the carbon dioxide.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 3/4 tsp guar or xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter Crisco or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup + 1Tbsp citrus flavored carbonated drink Sierra Mist or 7-Up
- Mix dry ingredients together in bowl. In separate bowl beat margarine with sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture into wet mixture along with pop, until all combined.
- Pour into 9" square pan and bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes.