A dairy free alternative to whipping cream. It has the same texture and mouth feel as real whipped cream!
|Dairy Free Whipped Cream|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 Tbsp rice flour
- ½ cup white shortening (eg. Crisco)
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cook almond milk & rice flour in a large bowl in a saucepan over med-high heat, stirring often, until very thick (once mixture comes to a boil it should be thick enough) - about 3-5 minutes, then let cool.
- Using an electric mixer, cream shortening and margarine, then add vanilla and sugar. Beat until smooth. Then add cooled rice flour mixture and beat until very fluffy.
- For a really nice presentation, put the whipped cream in a piping bag and squeeze onto your desserts.