Put down the ketchup bottle and try a more sophisticated condiment over your hashbrowns. Italian flavors combine together to create a salsa-like topping, that is wonderful over hot crispy fried hashbrowns.
|Hashbrowns with Mediterranean Salsa|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Instead of ketchup, try this flavor packed mixture over your hashbrowns.
- 1 can (14oz) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp - 1 Tbsp GF balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- Combine all ingredients together in a skillet.
- Heat until warmed throughout and most of the moisture is removed, then serve over hot crispy hashbrowns.
Makes about 1 cup