A lemon filling to use in a pie, cake, or even on its own as a mousse.
|Lemon Cream|| |
- ½ cup icing sugar
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tub (4 cups) Cool Whip or whipping cream
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together the sugar and the yolks.
- Add the lemon juice, slowly, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens and coats the spoon.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and the zest. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate until needed.