This is the ultimate in fresh summer salads. Don’t be fooled, the flavors work great together and I know you’ll be surprised with your first bite!
|Watermelon & Tomato Salad|| |
- ½ small watermelon, sliced
- 3 tomatoes (red, orange & yellow), sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn
- Slice watermelon and tomatoes (make sure they are the same width - approx ¼-1/2").
- Whisk together dressing. On a plate arrange watermelon and drizzle a bit of the dressing over each piece.
- To serve; assemble salad on each plate, layering the watermelon, tomato and basil. Then drizzle more dressing over top entire salad. Sprinkle with a bit of pepper.
[hr]FAQ: Is Red Wine Vinegar Safe?