Freshness counts for this simple recipe. Choose the ripest and freshest ingredients you can find to create this bruschetta. Try baking the garlic before adding it to the recipe for a smoother, slightly sweeter taste without the harsh garlic aftertaste.
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- First, remove the juice and seeds from the inside of the tomatoes.
- Combine all other ingredients together and stir gently.
- Serve on a toasted GF baguette.