This dish is simple to prepare yet is rich in flavor. The tarragon, scallions, and tomatoes make it reminiscent of French Provencal cooking.
Tarragon & Scallion Chicken
- 1 whole chicken skinned & cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter divided
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 large green pepper cut into strips
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped
- 1 cup GF chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 to matoes cut into wedges
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add the paprika and garlic to the chicken as you do so. Once it’s finished browning, transfer the chicken from the skillet and set it aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet melt the remaining ¼ cup of butter and sauté the mushrooms, green pepper, and scallions until vegetables get soft. Once they do, put the chicken back in the pan as well as the chicken stock, tarragon, salt, and tomatoes.
- Continue to simmer on low heat for one hour, or until chicken is tender.