This is one of my favorite lunches when I’m following a Keto diet (and even when I’m not!).
A great way to peel hard-boiled eggs – place in a deep plastic container and just cover with cold water (those are left over ice cubes I used when I took my eggs out of the pressure cooker). Leave at least 3″ head room in container, then close container tightly. Over sink (just in case your lid leaks!), shake vigorously up and down about 15 times – so the eggs are hitting the top of the lid. Remove lid and check eggs, if the shells don’t just slip off as you grab them, shake for another 5-10 times.
Prepare rest of salad ingredients, dressing, cooked bacon and greens. Warm dressing *lightly* in skillet used from bacon. Toss the greens quickly in the skillet with the dressing (you don’t want to warm the greens so much that they start to wilt), the divide into bowls and top with eggs and bacon.
Note: If the skillet is too hot – like mine was below – the dressing will break out of emulsification and be an oily mess.
|Warm Bacon & Spinach Salad|| |
- 4-6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach or spinach/mescalin blend
- 4-8 slices bacon, cooked & chopped
- 2 tsp fresh dill, optional
- 2 ½ Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon or seeded mustard
- 1 tsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- For dressing, combine all ingredients in a mini blender and process until smooth and emulsified.
- Cook bacon and eggs. Set aside.
- Wipe skillet out (after cooking bacon), and pour half of the dressing into the still warm skillet. Gently allow dressing to warm – do not let it boil in any way or it will come out of its emulsification and be very oily.
- Add greens to large bowl, and pour warm dressing over. Gently toss, then divide between 4 bowls. Top each with chopped bacon, hard-boiled eggs and dill.