A twist on spaghetti dinner.
|Spaghetti Pie|| |
- ½ pkg (4 oz) GF spaghetti
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs, divided
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain, and pat dry with towel to remove moisture.
- In frying pan, sauté the onions and green pepper. Set aside, then cook ground beef until done. Drain fat, then add the cooked onions, green peppers and spaghetti sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat one egg and add Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Mix well then add in cooked pasta, tossing well until combined. In a greased 9" pie plate, spread the mixture along the bottom and up the sides to form a crust.
- In another bowl, add ricotta/cottage cheese and egg. Mix well, then spread over spaghetti layer. Finally spread the meat mixture over the top, then bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle on mozzarella cheese, then broil until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
[hr]Learn About Gluten-Free Pasta & Cooking Techniques