There are so many recipes that call for soy sauce. But what about those people that are allergic to soy? Specialty soy-free soy sauces can be expensive, that’s if you can even find them in your area.
My version has a deep rich flavor, and is pretty darn close to the real thing if I do say so myself!
Soy-Free Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp GF liquid beef bouillon concentrate or 3 Tbsp dry
- 1 Tbsp GF balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer gently until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup (15 minutes).
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks.