Shrimp with Sesame Almond Satay Dip
Put away the cocktail sauce and try something new! This savory nutty dip is delicious with hot or cold shrimp.
Combine all the ingredients for the dip in a mini food processor and puree until smooth. Dip will thicken the longer it sits, so mix in a bit of water to thin it out if needed.
If desired, toast some sesame seeds for garnish in a dry skillet over medium heat, shaking pan until golden.
Fry, steam, or grill the shrimp until they are pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes. You can serve them warm or cold with the dip.
Sesame Almond Satay Dip
- Cooked large shrimp cold or warm
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 Tbsp tahini sesame paste
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp GF soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or mini food processor. Blend until smooth, adding a bit more water if needed until you reach your desired thickness.
- Add toasted sesame seeds to garnish if desired, and serve with gluten free crackers, chips, veggies, or shrimp.
-Makes about 1 cup
Hey Marla. I’m looking for a recipe for gluten-free dairy free dumplings. Everything I’ve tried has been nasty. Please help
I wish I could! That is one thing I’ve never made (or eaten). I will add it to my list of recipes to develop and let you know once it’s perfected!