Ground and slivered almonds make a crunchy topping, atop crusty buttered baguette slices. Perfect for a late day brunch.
|Broiled Almond Toast|
Author: Marla Hingley
Crunchy with ground and slivered almonds. Perfect for a late day brunch.
- 1 GF baguette
- 10 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1½ cups almonds, finely ground
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- Icing sugar for dusting, optional
- Slice baguette into 1" thick slices, lightly butter one side of each slice and place butter-side down onto a baking sheet.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then add remaining ingredients. Spread a thick coat of mixture onto each baguette slice, then top with some slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes, until top is golden. Remove from oven, dust with icing sugar if desired and serve warm.