Pull out your waffle-iron and lets make some crispy hashbrowns! Cooking the potatoes this way produces a tasty crunchy outside with a light inside. Pile the shredded potatoes inside the waffle-iron, close the lid, walk away and let it cook for 10-15 minutes. This breakfast practically cooks itself!
|Griddle Hashbrowns|| |
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled
- ½ onion, finely diced (optional)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Herbs and seasonings of choice (like; garlic or onion powder, parsley, chives)
- 2 Tbsp (+ more for frying) melted butter, margarine or oil
- Grate potatoes using a large box grater. Soak in water for 20 minutes, replacing water twice (helps to remove starch, so hashbrowns aren't so gummy). Drain, lay on a towel and pat dry.
- In a large bowl add remaining ingredients along with dried potatoes, if adding onion, sauté ahead of time, or add in raw. Mix well then spread some of the mixture into a hot greased waffle iron. Depending how big your waffle iron is, depends how much mixture you can add, as well as how thick you want them to be.
- Drizzle a bit more oil or melted butter over the top of the potatoes, then close the lid. Cook for 10-15 minutes, checking every 5 minutes. Once cooked, keep warm in oven while you cook the remaining potatoes.