Bismarks are donuts without holes – perfect for filling with whatever you like.
- 3 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 5 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 3 eggs
- Combine first four ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix thoroughly the remaining ingredients. Then add in the dry mixture - the batter should be slightly stiffer than cake batter. Let it sit for 15-30 minutes to thicken.
- Fry 1/4 cup or smaller spoonfuls of batter in hot oil, a few at a time until they are good and brown.
- Check one for doneness by breaking one open to see if it is completely done.
- Place on paper towel to remove excess oil then flavor as you.