If you love apple or peach crisp, you’re going to love this one even more!
Once you have prepared the pineapple, place it in a bowl along with the lime, ginger and salt and toss to combine, along with the cornstarch. Place in a 8-9” baking pan (or several smaller ones if you are making individual portions like I did below).
Mix all the crumble ingredients together, using your fingers to combine the mixture into coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture evenly over pineapple. Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes until top is golden brown.
|Pineapple-Ginger Crisp|| || |
- 1 (4.5lb) whole pineapple
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup GFC Flour Blend for Baking
- ¼ cup GF rolled oats
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, cold & cubed
- 2-4 Tbsp brown sugar, to taste
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- Prepare the pineapple by peeling, coring and dicing it into ½” pieces. Place in a bowl along with the lime, ginger and salt, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with the cornstarch, tossing to combine, then pour into a 8-9” baking pan.
- In another bowl combine all the crumble ingredients together, mixing with your fingers until coarse crumbs are formed. Sprinkle mixture evenly over pineapple.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes until top is golden brown.