So quick to throw together, you’ll be in eating within 15 minutes! Add chicken or prawns, or omit for a vegetarian dish.
Cook sauce ingredients until thickened, then add in cooked noodles, and toss to combine.
Add remaining ingredients, gently stirring until everything is coated.
Quick Pad Thai
- 1 pkg 450g medium rice stick noodles
- 1-2 cups bean sprouts to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup GF hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp GF peanut butter
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce or other GF hot sauce
- 3 tsp oil
- 10 prawns shelled (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts crushed (optional)
- Let rice noodles soak in boiling water for 10 minutes, stirring often, until soft. For the last 3 minutes of soaking, add in the bean sprouts. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together water, hoisin, lime juice, peanut butter and Sriracha. Set aside.
- Fry prawns, garlic, and ginger in oil until prawns turn pink. Stir in sauce mixture, and noodles.
- Continue cooking until sauce is reduced and thickened. Season to taste with salt.
- Divide among 4 bowls, and top with cilantro and peanuts.
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club