A few fresh ingredients blended together are simple, yet are bursting with flavor.
|Pasta Pomodoro|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
A few fresh ingredients are all that's needed to create full-bodied pasta sauce.
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried marjoram
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese (shake style-not grated from a block)
- Salt and pepper
- GF Pasta
- Core tomatoes, then squeeze out all the seeds and juice from inside and discard. Coarsely chop tomatoes.
- Heat oil in skillet, then add tomatoes, garlic and marjoram. Turn heat down to a medium simmer and continue to cook until tomatoes start to break down and reduce to create a thick sauce (about 5-8 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper. Serve over your favorite GF pasta.
Using freshly grated Parmesan will create a 'stringy' sauce, whereas the dry-powdered style will make a creamier sauce.
Learn About Gluten-Free Pasta & Cooking Techniques