This candy like cookie will surely satisfy your sweet tooth!
Chocolate Almond Fudge Drops
- 1/2 cup whole almonds with skins
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Toast almonds on a cookie sheet at 350°F for about 7 minutes. Let cool then coarsely chop.
- In a saucepan mix together remaining ingredients except butter and vanilla. Clip a candy thermometer onto the pan and cook over medium heat until temperature reaches 230°F (do not stir mixture at all).
- Remove from heat and add butter, vanilla and almonds. Let cool for 5 minutes. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Stir mixture for about a minute then pour teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet (if you stir too long the mixture will set up-it will lose its smooth glossy texture and start to harden - work fast!). Let cool completely before moving.