These soft and pliable wraps are a super healthy option at 3.9g net carbs per wrap!
Combine dough in food processor. Wrap and chill for 45 minutes,then divide into 6 portions. Roll out each between 2 pieces of parchment to a size of 9″.
Using an 8″ pot lid, press out the shape. Remove top parchment, scrape off the excess (save to combine with rest of cut off pieces – they easily combine together again). Be sure bottom layer of parchment doesn’t get too wrinkly, if it does get a new piece. As when you’re peeling the bottom layer off, all those wrinkles will create a break the wrap.
Flip onto your hand, then gently peel back the parchment. Flip into hot greased skilled. Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
Or until it just starts getting lightly browned.
Low Carb Spinach Wrap
- 1 cup almond flour 100g
- ½ cup flax meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp psyllium husks
- 2 Tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups frozen spinach 8oz, thawed, drained well
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¾ cup water or less
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Combine all ingrdients, except water and oil, in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Then with machine running slowly add water. Add just enough for mixture to form a ball.
- Shape dough into a disc, wrap in plastic and chill for 45 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces. Take one piece and place between two pieces of parchment, spreading out with rolling to about 9". Using an 8" pot lid, press out the shape. Remove top parchment, scrape off the excess (save to combine with rest of cut off pieces - they easily combine together again). Be sure bottom layer of parchment doesn't get too wrinkly, if it does get a new piece. As when you're peeling the bottom layer off, all those wrinkles will create a break the wrap.
- Heat a skillet with a bit of oil. Take wrap and flip over onto hand so parchment is now on top. Carefully peel back the parchment, then flip the wrap into the hot skillet.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side, until just starts to turn golden