Here are some fun lunch ideas that will put a smile on your kids faces.
It takes just a few strategically placed veggies to create this cute bunny or this scary serpent!
Thread a wooden skewer or toothpick (break sharp tips off) in cheese slices cut in the shape of sails, to make this Tuna Boat.
Instead of a sandwich, use a gluten free wrap. Then to make it even more fun to eat, slice the wrap into ’rounds’ then skewer onto a wood stick (remove sharp tip once everything is on it). Veggies can be prepared the same way – everything is more fun to eat on a stick! Personally I would just do this for older kids, I don’t think I’d send these little ‘swords’ in my 5 year olds’ lunch!
Or, try a simple pasta salad filled with meat and veggies to feed those hungry minds.
|Fun Kids Lunches-Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Salad|| |
- 1 chicken breast, cooked & cubed
- 2 cups broccoli florets, bite-sized
- 1 cup mini bocconcini (water packed mozzarella balls), optional
- 2 cups GF pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp cider vinegar or GF balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp GF Dijon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook chicken and pasta until done, set aside. Steam broccoli until al dente, set aside.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients then toss with salad ingredients.