An amazing blend of flavors…
Lemongrass Chicken Meatballs
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp oil
Green Curry Broth
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno seeded & finely minced
- 1 ½ cups GF chicken broth
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp GF fish sauce
- 1 cup matchstick-grated carrots
- Sriracha for drizzling
- Combine the chicken in a bowl and sprinkle with the cumin, coriander and a bit of salt. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes, this will make it easier to grind the chicken up. Place everything in a food processor, along with the lemongrass and pulse until finely ground (do in batches if necessary).
- Shape meatballs by the tablespoon (about 16), wetting your hands in cold water if necessary to prevent meat from sticking to your hands. Using a bit of oil, fry meatballs in batches until browned on all sides (about 1 minute per side – will not be fully cooked), then set aside while you make the broth.
- In a bit of oil, sauté the shallots, jalapeno and salt until tender. Stir in the chicken broth, coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add the herbs and pulse with an immersion blender a few times if want a smoother sauce. Add the remaining lime juice, sugar and fish sauce to the pot along with the partially cooked meatballs.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until meatballs are fully cooked (165F). Add the carrots during the last few minutes. For a thicker broth, remove the cover after 10 minutes