|Asparagus & Chicken Salad with Toasted Almonds|| |
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp GF Dijon
- ¼ cup buttermilk*
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 bunch asparagus**, trimmed
- 2 heads Butter/Bib/Boston lettuce, torn
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 8oz cooked skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- For the dressing, pulse together the herbs, lemon juice and mustard in a mini food processor until a paste forms. Add remaining ingredients, processing until smooth.
- For salad, toast almonds in a small dry skillet over medium heat, shaking pan often once they start to become fragrant. Once they are golden in color, remove from pan and allow to cool. Steam asparagus until tender-crisp then transfer to an ice bath to stop them from over cooking. Drain once cook, pat dry and chop.
- Divide lettuce, asparagus, almonds, radishes, chicken and goat cheese into individual serving bowls then drizzle with dressing and some goat cheese if desired.
**The lower half of asparagus stalks can get tough and stringy. To avoid this, use a vegetable peeler to remove the outer layer from the bottom half of each stalk. Then cook as directed.