Grab a fork and a knife to dig into this hearty dish.
Sausage Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz GF sausage whatever flavor you like
- 1 strip GF bacon chopped
- 2 Tbsp onion minced
- 2 Tbsp green pepper minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup GF bread crumbs divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated, divided
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 egg
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Rub mushrooms with olive oil. Mince mushroom stems and set aside.
- In skillet, cook sausage. Add onion, green pepper and garlic, and continue to sauté for another few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan in a bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons for the topping.
- In a bowl, add remaining ingredients, bread crumb mixture, mushroom stems, sausage mixture, and gently stir. Divide the mixture evenly over the 2 mushrooms, then top with the remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.