This soup is transformed once you stir in the dollop of ricotta cheese that is spooned into each bowl. A thick, rich and creamy soup is created that is bursting with Italian flavors.
- 10 GF lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 GF Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp GF tomato paste
- 4 cups GF chicken broth
- 1 15oz can crushed tomatoes
- ½ fresh basil, chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup cream
- ⅓ cup GF ricotta cheese
- Toss cooked noodles with a bit of oil, cut into bit sized pieces and set aside.
- In large pot, heat oil and sauté onions until soft. Add garlic and sausages, breaking up sausages until crumbled. Cook until sausages are no longer pink then mix in the oregano and tomato paste, cooking for another minute.
- Add broth and tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Add basil, Parmesan,cream and noodles and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top each with a tablespoon of ricotta.