Use a sharp/old cheddar cheese for a stronger, and fuller flavor.
Cauliflower Cheese Chowder
- 1 onion chopped
- 3/4 cauliflower chopped (stems removed)
- 2 cups GF chicken stock
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups milk or milk alternative
- 1-2 cups sharp cheddar grated (amount to taste)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional seasonings: 1/4 tsp nutmeg 1/2 tsp sweet chili powder spice mix
- Put the onion,cauliflower, and thyme in a saucepan with the water and boil until soft, about 10minutes.
- Once vegetables are soft, use a food processor or immersion blender to puree until smooth. Put mixture back into saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and add to soup. Pour in milk and cheese and simmer soup until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper and any other spices you'd like, and serve.