Want to know the secret to the perfect road trip with your kids this summer?
Planning! By planning ahead and preparing some activities to keep your kids entertained and occupied, those long distances on the highway won’t seem so endless and you’ll find yourself at your destination in no time!
Chose a plastic container with a lid, size dependent on how many items you want to include.
Suggestions to Fill Container:
- Markers, pencil crayons, pencils, eraser
- Coloring and/or activity books
- Blank drawing book and/or journal
- Small simple craft projects
- Games: travel size games, cards, dice, Car Bingo (see link below for printable template)
To keep the kids engaged as they travel, give them a photocopy of your map. Highlight the route you are taking to destination so the kids can follow along, and help navigate.
To Play Car Bingo
Print off on cardstock. Or to make cards reusable, laminate or slip in between a plastic page protector sleeve, and use a dry erase marker to check off items.
To Win: the first person to mark off five squares in a row (in any direction), wins.