With a slightly nutty taste, hemp hearts are the raw shelled seed from the hemp plant. You can eat them right out of the bag, or try them sprinkled over salad, cereal, yogurt, or blended in with your favorite fruit smoothie.
But even better, they make a healthy vitamin-packed spread that is delicious on crackers, as a veggie dip, or even used as a sandwich spread.
Combine everything into a food processor, and pulse until you get a fine consistency. Drizzle in a bit of water until it comes together.
Kale & Hemp Heart Spread
- 2 cups baby kale leaves lightly packed
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts natural raw shelled
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until finely minced, add a bit of water if needed until you get the consistency you desire.
-You can use mature kale leaves (rib removed, leaves chopped), however you may want to blanch the leaves first in boiling water for 20 seconds to soften them. Pat dry, then add to food processor with rest of ingredients.