Rises beautifully, and has a light airy texture.
|Irish Soda Bread|| |
- 3 cups of GF flour mix
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 2½ tsp of xanthan gum
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of GF baking soda
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of buttermilk or milk alternative
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- Sift dry ingredients together. Whisk milk and egg together, and then add to dry ingredients. Add butter and mix until combined, do not over mix. Add more buttermilk if it seems too dry.
- Put in a greased loaf pan and bake at 325°F for 50-60 minutes until top is brown.
- Place on a rack to cool and if desired put pats of butter on top while still hot.
To Make Buttermilk: Add 2 Tbsp of vinegar to whole milk (or milk alternative) and let sit for 5 minutes
[hr]FAQ: Learn the secrets to baking the perfect loaf of bread!