Because of the limitations of the ingredients that are used to make a low carb (grain free) and sugar free cookie, it’s not going to have that same soft and tender chewy texture you’re familiar with. These cookies are bit more heartier (think…oatmeal-like), but definitely will satisfy if you’re craving a sweet treat.
Combine the ingredients (less a few tablespoons of the chocolate chips) together and shape using a medium cookie scoop (1.5Tbsp). Press each cookie down to flatten, then top with the reserved chocolate chips and bake.
Hearty Chocolate Chip Cookies (Low Carb)
- 1 cup 100g almond flour
- 3/4 cup 200g nut butter
- 1/4 cup erythritol or Swerve 40g
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips at least 85% cocoa
- Combine all ingredients into bowl and mix until well combined.
- Shape into 12 balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten each by half.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.