While I admit they don’t look pretty, the taste is pretty darn good! This recipe offers those who like a crispier chocolate chip cookie, a great low carb option.
Once combining all the ingredients, allow the dough to chill and firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes. Once you shape the balls, flatten each slightly, then bake until edges turn golden.
Crispy Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup almond flour 100g
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter unsalted VERY soft
- 3 Tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate/chocolate chips 85% minimum or sugar free
- Beat butter and sugar together for 2 minutes. Then add remaining ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Chill dough 30 minutes to firm and allow flour to absorb the liquid.
- Form balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Press balls down to flatten (so 1/2" thick).
- Bake at 350°F for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are nicely browned.