Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom and ginger are the spices that combine to create that unique chai aroma and taste. For a natural sweetness, dates are used which also add to the thickness and fiber content to this deliciously nutritious breakfast shake.
Combine all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Add 3-5 ice cubes if desired and process for a slushier consistency.
|Chai Chocolate Smoothie|
- 1½ cups skim milk or unsweetened almond milk (or coconut water if desired)
- 3 frozen bananas
- 4 dates, pitted & chopped
- 1½ tsp cocoa
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp cardamom
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add some ice if desired and blend again.
- If desired, garnish with some toasted coconut.