Filled with crunchy nuts and tender chocolate pieces, this tart is so simple and quick to make yet tastes amazing!
If you splurged and bought blanched (pre-skinned) hazelnuts then you are ready to go! But, if you have ones with the skins on you’re going to have to remove them, they are extremely bitter. You can bake them a bit and rub the skins off with a towel, but I find that this method does a poor job of getting every little bit of skin off. The best way is boiling them with some baking soda – check out this method: How To Peel Hazelnuts.
Chocolate Hazelnut Tart
- 1 GF Pie Crust
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup hazelnuts or walnuts, skinned & coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Roll out the pastry and fit into an 11" tart pan or spring form pan.
- Sprinkle with the nuts and chocolate.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients until smooth then pour over chocolate and nuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until center is set and a knife comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.