This is a great dish to make ahead the night before, then wake up, bake and serve.
Ham & Cheese Bake
- 8 slices GF bread
- 1 cup ham diced
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green or red peppers diced
- 2 cups cheddar or Swiss cheese grated
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp GF Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish and arrange the bread slices in one layer on the pan. Sprinkle ham, onion, peppers and cheese evenly over bread.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, mustard and seasonings, then pour over bread slices.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until bread is slightly puffed and edges are golden.