‘Green Goddess’ salad dressing typically contains mayonnaise, sour cream, chervil, chives, anchovy, tarragon, lemon juice, and pepper. In our version, we’ve omitted the salty anchovies and replaced some of dairy with avocado – which adds even more flavor and more of that great green color!
You could make this completely dairy free by using all avocado (may need up to 2 whole avocados), then adding a bit of water or lime juice to thin the dressing out as needed.
Green Goddess Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt or crème fraiche or mayo if desired
- 2 green onions
- 1-3 Tbsp lime juice to taste
- ¼ cup fresh herbs – parsley cilantro, dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine 2 Tbsp lime juice and the remaining ingredients into a blender or mini food processor and process until smooth.
- With machine running drizzle in more lime juice (or water) until you get the consistency you desire.
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club