Blue cheese has been found not to have any level of detectable gluten (even those grown on wheat bread), however if you still want to avoid it or you just don’t like the flavor, substitute it with goat, feta, or any other soft tangy cheese.
Follow the directions to make our traditional pasta noodles, rolling the dough out as thin as you can get it, then cut it into 1 x 2″ rectangles.
To make the farfalle shape, dab the center of each rectangle with a bit of water, then use your fingers to pinch the center together. Use your middle finger to push down the center a bit, so the outer edges are directly touching.
Gorgonzola & Walnut Farfalle Pasta
- ½ cup walnut halves toasted
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp fresh sage chopped
- 2-3 oz crumbled GF Gorgonzola to taste
- 1/3 cup ricotta or mascarpone
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- Pepper to taste
- <a href="https://www.glutenfreeclub.com/egg-noodles/" title="Homemade Gluten Free Pasta Egg Noodles">Pasta Dough
- Toast walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant and golden, about 5-8 minutes (shaking pan often). Allow to cool, then finely chop.
- In a skillet melt butter and sauté sage over medium heat. Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining ingredient except the walnuts. Stir until melted and creamy, place over low heat if needed until sauce is smooth.
- Just before serving stir in nuts (if nuts are added earlier, they can impart a bitter flavor to the sauce).