This light and refreshing pesto is made with raw zucchini, toasted hazelnuts and lemon.
Pulse the pesto ingredients (except oil and cheese) in a food processor until chunky.
Pour in the oil with the machine running until mixture is finely minced (do not have to use all oil if desired). Transfer to a bowl and stir in cheese. You can toss the pesto with hot pasta (add some reserved pasta water to loosen pesto and create a bit of a sauce), or freeze the pesto and save for later!
For more information read our Review on Food Processors to find out what to look for when buying.
|Lemon-Zucchini Pesto Pasta|| |
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro/Italian parsley
- ⅓ cup toasted hazelnuts (peeled)
- 1 clove garlic
- Zest & juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- For the pesto, combine all ingredients but the oil and cheese into a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With machine running, pour in oil.
- Scrape pesto into a bowl and stir in cheese.
- Prepare your favorite GF pasta, and toss with pesto. Add a bit of oil or reserved pasta water to loosen mixture if desired.
Tools used in making this recipe (and our recommendations):
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Efficiency Efficiency
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club