The best thing about this muffin is that you can use your families favorite veggie. I used tomato, green chilies, corn and onion. Goes great with a hot bowl of soup.
|Cornbread & Veggie Muffins|| |
- 2 cups GF cornmeal (fine grind)
- ½ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup potato flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 small tomato, seeded & chopped
- ½ cup zucchini, finely grated
- ½ cup carrot, finely grated
- 1½ tbsp onion, minced
- ½ cup corn
- Thoroughly mix the cornmeal, rice flour, potato flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients and stir to combine, then pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased or paper-lined muffin pan, and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F, or until internal temperature of muffin reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.