Incredibly yummy and easily freezable!
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 cups rice flour OR 1 3/4 rice flour & 1/4 soy flour
- 2/3 cup powdered milk
- 4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup nuts chopped
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup butter or margarine softened
- In a small bowl mix the water and sugar, add the yeast then let it stand while you make up the rest.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients in a bowl and beat well. Mix together all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then add the yeast mixture to the wet ingredients mixture.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, adding more flour (a little at time) in order to make the dough more workable.
- Then, roll the dough out on a floured board with floured saran wrap on the top. Make a large rectangle (approx. 14" x 20"). Then lift the saran wrap, dot the dough with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins. Then, carefully roll it up the long way (It will be challenging) . Place the seam on the bottom. With a very sharp knife or non-flavored dental floss, cut slices approximately 3/4" wide.
- Place the pinwheels on a greased baking sheet, and let rest for 15 minutes covered in a warm place.
- Bake at 375°F for 20miutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- When the come out of the oven, top them with a icing sugar glaze.