Shortbread that melts in your mouth, with crunchy toasted nuts and soft chocolate chips.
If you want to use a spring form pan like I did, be sure to line the bottom and up the sides with foil or parchment. In the oven the butter will melt and leak out the bottom and make a mess in your oven.
|Chocolate-Nut Shortbread|| |
- 1 lb butter
- 3 cups GFC Flour Blend for Baking
- 1½ tsp xanthan gum
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup GF chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts (or pecans/hazelnuts), toasted & chopped
- Cream the butter and the icing sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, xanthan gum and salt. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate and nuts.
- Press dough into a greased pie plate (or line it with parchment) and bake for about 20-25 minutes at 350ºF.
- When cool, cut into wedges.
-For smaller portions, divide dough in half and use 2 pans for thinner shortbread wedges.