A healthy snack idea to take on road trips or when your out on a hike.
|Chocolate & Dried Fruit Granola Bars|| |
- 2 cups GF rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup GF rice cereal
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup GF mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place the oats and hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast them for about 10 minutes making sure to turn them at least twice.
- Mix together the agave nectar syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and sea salt into a saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Once boiled set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the toasted oats and hazelnuts, the sunflower seeds, brown rice cereal, dried fruit and chocolate chips.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the granola mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased 9x13 inch pan, and press down with a spatula to compress the mixture together. Then bake at 325°F for 20-30 minutes, cook longer if you would like them more crunchy. Cool for an hour then cut into bar size.
[hr]FAQ: Are Oats Gluten Free?