Fresh orange segments (supremes) and sesame ginger dressing elevate this salad to new tastes.
Asian Chicken Salad with Orange Supremes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup GF corn flakes crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp GF soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil optional
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger grated (click here to learn a new technique: How To Peel Ginger)
- 3 Tbsp vinegar white, apple cider, or rice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Mixed greens
- Orange Supremes click here to learn a new technique: How To Segment Citrus)
- Toasted* sesame seeds optional
- Sliced Almonds
- Combine sesame seeds and corn flake crumbs in a shallow dish with the salt. In another shallow dish beat the egg until smooth. Dip chicken in the egg, then coat both sides with crumb mixture.
- Fry chicken with oil, about 6 minutes per side until fully cooked. Set aside.
- For dressing, whisk together all ingredients (or put in a lidded jar and shake to combine).
- To serve, toss mixed greens with dressing and sprinkle with almonds and any sesame seeds you’d like, as well as some orange segments. Cut chicken breasts into thin strips and add to salad.