Using a crock pot allows the flavors to blend and build, creating a full-bodied aromatic dish. Serve on its own, over rice or noodles, and topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan or Romano cheese if you like!
|Chicken Cacciatore|| |
- 2-15 oz cans diced tomatoes (un-drained)
- 15 oz can GF tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 can sliced Kalamata olives, drained
- ½ cup red wine, optional
- 2 lbs chicken pieces, boneless and skinless
- Starting from the top of the list, add each of the ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir everything well before adding the chicken.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
FAQ: Is Red Wine Gluten Free?