Tender strips of boneless, skinless chicken breasts stir-fried with onions, celery, mushrooms, garlic and julienned ginger all served on a bed of warm rice.
Cashew Ginger Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger grated (divided)
- 4 tsp oil divided
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup GF chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup onions sliced
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup pea pods
- 1/2 cup red peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews toasted
- Slice chicken crosswise into 1/2" thick pieces. Toss with ground coriander, 2 tsp ginger, 2 tsp oil, vinegar, chicken broth, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Marinate at room temperature 15 minutes-1 hour.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp of oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, and remaining ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add in chicken marinade mixture and stir-fry until thoroughly cooked, 4 to 6 minutes. Then add red peppers and pea pods, cooking another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted cashews and serve.
[hr]FAQ: Is White Wine Vinegar Safe?