Tender strips of boneless, skinless chicken breasts stir-fried with onions, celery, mushrooms, garlic and julienned ginger all served on a bed of warm rice.
|Cashew Ginger Chicken|| |
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp coriander
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, grated (divided)
- 4 tsp oil, divided
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup GF chicken broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup onions, sliced
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ cup pea pods
- ½ cup red peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup cashews, toasted
- Slice chicken crosswise into ½" thick pieces. Toss with ground coriander, 2 tsp ginger, 2 tsp oil, vinegar, chicken broth, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Marinate at room temperature 15 minutes-1 hour.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp of oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, and remaining ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add in chicken marinade mixture and stir-fry until thoroughly cooked, 4 to 6 minutes. Then add red peppers and pea pods, cooking another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted cashews and serve.
[hr]FAQ: Is White Wine Vinegar Safe?