Bok choy is quite flavorless on its own. But all it takes is a little drizzle from this sauce to make this veggie sing!
Before trimming the ends, slice the bok choy vertically through the enter (keeping the core intact for both halves). Then trim the core, just cutting enough to get the dried end off. If you trim too much, the leaves will come off.
|Grilled Bok Choy with Sesame-Soy Dressing|| |
- 12 baby bok choy
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds, garnish
- ½ cup GF chicken broth
- ¼ cup GF rice vinegar
- ¼ cup GF soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1” piece ginger, peeled & sliced
- Slice each bok choy lengthwise, keep core intact on both halves. Trip ends and place in bowl.
- Drizzle veggies with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a hot grill and char both sides until grill marks form, and veggies are tender (about 10 minutes).
- For sauce mix together all ingredients then pour into a small skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Lower heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Strain sauce through a sieve (discarding solids), then drizzle over grilled veggies to serve.