Hot, gooey, and savory – yet with a bit of sweetness from the balsamic vinegar and candied pecans.
If you have some extra time, let the tomatoes sit in the vinegar mixture for about 30 minutes. This will allow the flavors to really get absorbed, and make them so much more flavorful. To cut the fresh chives, grab a bunch of them and use scissors to quickly cut them right into the dish.
As soon as it comes out of the oven, spoon the tomato mixture over the hot cheese. The fresh tomatoes add a great texture to the dip and balance out the richness of the cheese. As well top with any nuts you’d like – pine nuts or chopped candied pecans are fantastic!
Baked Goat Cheese & Balsamic Dip
- 10 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz GF cream cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup olive oil divided
- 8 grape tomatoes quartered
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives minced
- 2 tsp GF balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup chopped Candied Pecans toasted pine nuts, or toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Mix together the first 4 ingredients along with 2 Tbsp of the oil, blending until smooth. Spread into a greased small shallow baking dish. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, or until hot and edges start to turn golden.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients (except the nuts) in a dish along with 2 Tbsp oil, and spoon over the hot cheese. Top with nuts if desired.
- Serve hot out of the oven with gluten free baguette slices, or crackers.